All new 2015 redesigned course for the revised AP curriculum and exam:
- 24 Core Concept Tutorials (Flash Movies)
Concept maps, easy introduction to the topic, concept illustration with annotations and animations, memory mnemonics, sample problems explained with step-wise strategies and topic summary, the AP style.
- 24 Problem-Solving Drills (Flash Games)
Feedback based Quizzes, concept-based problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track performance.
- 24 Super Review Cheat Sheets (PDF Printables)
One cheat sheet per topic, key concepts in a single-sheet, at-a-glance review of each topic and both printable and laminatible Ideal for exam prep quick review.
- 24 Quick-Read eBooks (PDF Printables)
An easy-to-read ebook per chapter for fast review with outlines and pictures. Ideal for end-of-chapter review and final exam prep.
- 24 AudioBooks (MP3)
An audiobook per chapter for learning-on-the-go with your iphone or android phone or any MP3 player.
AP Chemistry Rapid Learning Series - 2015 Edition
AP Chemistry is a course of fundamentals. Throughout the revised AP curriculum, you will gather many tools and concepts to further your studies in future chemistry. This course studies atoms, molecules and chemical reactions. The series integrates key concepts and problem solving in the areas of AP’s six big ideas, which is structured to meet the new AP requiements. The chapter organization and topical flow mirrors the six central big ideas. This rapid course will prepare you for the course itself and the AP exam. The recommended pre-requisites for this course are high school chemistry and high school algebra 1 & 2.
Complimentary 53-Page eBook: AP Chemistry Study Guide 2015
Core Unit #1 – Chemistry Fundamentals
In this core unit, you will build the basics to chemistry mastery. With these skills, you will form a solid foundation to understand chemistry and problem solving.
Chapter 01: Introduction to AP Chemistry
• What is AP Chemistry?
• What is the AP Exam?
• Essential Knowledge - Six Big Ideas
• Multiple Choice Test
• Free Response Test
• General Problem Solving Technique
• Problem Solving Technique for Word Problems
Chapter 02: Basic Skills - Units and Measurements
• The Metric and SI Systems
• Measurement and Uncertainty
• Significant Figures
• Fundamental Constants used in Chemistry
Chapter 03: Math Review
• Basic Algebra
• Calculating with Significant Figures
• Scientific Notation
• Exponents Rules
• Quadratic Equation
• Calculator Tips
Chapter 04: Dimensional Analysis (Factor-Label Method)
• What is Dimensional Analysis?
• What Equalities are Commonly Used in Chemistry?
• How is Dimensional Analysis Performed?
• How is Dimensional Analysis Used in Chemistry?
Core Unit #2 – Structure of Matter
In this core unit, you will learn the Big Idea #1 – structure of matter.
Chapter 05: Matter and Energy
• Definition of Chemistry
• Scientific Process
Chapter 06: Atoms and Molecules
• Element Symbols
• Atoms, Elements, and Molecules
Chapter 07: Writing Formulas
• How to Write Binary Ionic Compounds
• How to Write Polyatomic Ionic Compounds
• How to Write Ionic Compounds with Multivalent Metals
• How to Write Binary Covalent Compounds
• How to Write Acids
Chapter 08: Naming Compounds
• How to Name Binary Ionic Compounds
• How to Name Polyatomic Ionic Compounds
• How to Name Ionic Compounds with Multivalent Metals
• How to Name Binary Covalent Compounds
• How to Name Acids
Chapter 09: The Mole
• The Mole
• Molar Mass
• Percent Composition
• Empirical Formulas
• Molecular Formulas
Chapter 10: Atomic Structures and Electron Configuration
• Atomic structure
• Electron Configurations
• Quantum Numbers
Chapter 11: The Periodic Table and Chemical Periodicity
• Periodic Table and its Organization
• Periodicity – the Trends
• Atomic and Ionic Radii
• Electron Affinities
• Ionization Potentials
Core Unit #3 – Properties of Matter
In this core unit, you will learn about the Big Idea #2 – the properties of matter, including characteristics, states and forces of attraction.
Chapter 12: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structures
• Types of Bonding & Characteristics
• Isomers and Resonance
• Bonding Theories
Chapter 13: Lewis Structures and VSEPR
• Review of Bonding
• Lewis Structures
• Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion Theory
Chapter 14: The Gas Laws
• Kinetic Molecular Theory
• Explanations of Gas Behavior
• Gas Laws
• Gas Stoichiometry
• Effusion and Diffusion
Chapter 15: Liquids and Solids – Intermolecular Forces
• Intermolecular Forces
• Properties of a Liquid
• Vapor Pressure
• Properties of Solids
• Solid Structures
• Phase Change
• Phase Diagram
Chapter 16: Solutions
• Process of Solution Formation
• Factors Affecting Solubility
• Concentration Calculations
• Electrolyte Solutions
• Colligative Properties
Core Unit #4 – Chemical Reactions
In this core unit, you will learn about the Big Idea #3 – chemical reactions and stoichiometry.
Chapter 17: Chemical Reactions
• Components of a Chemical Reaction
• Common Types of Chemical Reactions
• Oxidation Numbers
• Determine Products of a Double Replacement Reaction
• Using Solubility Rules to Determine a Precipitate
• Writing a Net Ionic Reaction
Chapter 18: Balancing Equations
• Using The Law of Conservation of Mass to Balance the Equations
• Choosing which Atom to Begin Balancing with
• Inspection Method of Balancing
• Oxidation Number Method of Balancing
• Half-Reaction Method of Balancing
Chapter 19 Stoichiometry
• Review of: Chemical Equations; Dimensional Analysis; KUDOS Method; Molarity
• Mole-Mole Problems
• Mole-Mass Problems
• Mass-Mass Problems
• Mole-Volume Problems for Solutions
• Mole-Volume Problems for Gases
Core Unit #5 – Rates of Chemical Reactions
In this core unit, you will learn all about the Big Idea #4 – the rates of chemical reactions.
Chapter 20: Chemical Kinetics
• Collision Theory
• Reaction Coordinate Diagrams
• Factors Affecting Rate
• Reaction Mechanisms
• Rate Laws
• Relationship of Rate Law Constant to Activation Energy
Core Unit #6 – Equilibrium
In this core unit, you will learn all about the Big Idea #6 – equilibrium and acid & base.
Chapter 21: Chemical Equilibrium
• Dynamic Equilibrium
• Equilibrium Constant
• Reaction Quotient
• Solving Equilibrium Problems
• Solubility Equilibrium
• Le Chatelier’s Principle
Chapter 22: Acids and Bases
• Acids and Base Definitions
• Properties of Acids and Bases
• Strong versus Weak Acids and Bases
• Conjugates of Acids and Bases
• Equilibrium of Acids and Bases
• pH Scale
• Acid and Base Properties of Salts
Core Unit #7 – Thermodynamics
In this core unit, you will learn all about the Big Idea #5 – thermochemistry and thermodynamics.
Chapter 23: Thermochemistry/Thermodynamics
• Energy, Temperature and Heat
• Energy and Physical Changes
• Energy and Chemical Changes
• Free Energy
Core Unit #8 – Electron Transfer Reactions
In this core unit, you will learn all about the Big Idea #3 Part 2 – principle of reactivity involving electrochemical processes.
Chapter 24: Electrochemistry
• Voltaic Cells
• Cell Potentials
• Electrolytic Cells
• Electrochemistry and Free Energy
• Electrochemistry and Equilibrium
** AP is the registered trademark of the College Board.