With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
RL215: Essential Anatomy and Physiology Series (One-Semester)
Course Desciption: This introductory course is designed for a traditional one-semester class of any majors requiring the essentials of anatomy and physiology. This rich-media series introduces the human body at molecular, cellular, tissue and organ levels. It is highly organized to mirror the system-based mainstream curricula. Animated with visual medical illustrations and dynamic textual elements, each organ system is introduced with enhanced graphics and expert narration, started from a graphical concept map, pictorial explanation step-by-step and summed it up with a key review. Basic physiology is also integrated into each chapter. Feedback-based interactive problem drills provide practice problems in clincal cases. Each chapter will also come with a highly condensed summary cheat sheet for exam prep. For chapter-by-chapter contents of this course, see the Essential Anatomy and Physiology Course Guidebook (an 64-page eBook in downloadable PDF). For a more in-depth 2-semester A&P (I & II), refer to RL216 - Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology.
For Whom: This rapid learning course is for those who are currently taking one semester or one quarter course on the integrated A&P curriculum or anyone in need of core concepts in this subject.
Pre-requisite: Although it is optional, students should have taken one or two semesters of introductory or general biology at the college level to build the foundation of biological science to maximize the learning.
Which to Take: Rapid Learning offers one of the most comprehensive selections of Anatomy and Physiology e-learning courses on the web, with four rich-media courses catering for various A&P learners.
(1) RL209 Human Physiology Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for human physiology students, health professionals or borad review.
(2) RL214 Human Anatomy Comprehensive Series - This in-depth visual course is designed for students taking human anatomy class, anatomical professionals or board review.
(3) RL215 Essential Anatomy and Physiology - This introdoctory course is designed for anyone taking one-semester basic A&P or professionals requiring only the essential knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
(4) RL216 Comprehensive Anatomy and Physiology - This in-depth course is designed for students taking the two-semester A&P (I & II), or anyone needing an in-depth coverage via the integrated approach.
Note: If you are required to take two semesters with the first semester on human anatomy and second semester on human physiology, then select the RL214 and RL209.
Core Unit #1 – The Foundation of the Human Body
- Tutorial 01: Introduction to Human Physiology
- Tutorial 02: The Chemistry of Life
- Tutorial 03: The Cellular Level of Life
- Tutorial 04: The Tissues of the Human Body
Core Unit #2 – The Support amd Movement
- Tutorial 05: The Integumentary System
- Tutorial 06: The Skeletal System I - Bone, Bone Tissue and Joints
- Tutorial 07: The Skeletal System II - Axial Skeleton
- Tutorial 08: The Skeletal System III - Appendicular Skeleton
- Tutorial 09: Muscle and Muscle Tissue
- Tutorial 10: The Muscular System
Core Unit #3 – The Coordination and Integration Systems
- Tutorial 11: The Nervous System
- Tutorial 12: The Central Nervous System
- Tutorial 13: The Peripheral Nervous System
- Tutorial 14: The Sensory Nervous System
- Tutorial 15: The Endocrine System
Core Unit #4 –The Homeostatic Systems
- Tutorial 16: The Cardiovascular System
- Tutorial 17: The Lymphatic System
- Tutorial 18: The Respiratory System
- Tutorial 19: The Digestive System
- Tutorial 20: Metabolism and Nutrition
- Tutorial 21: The Urinary System
- Tutorial 22: Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Balance
Core Unit #5 – Continuity of Life
- Tutorial 23: The Reproductive System
- Tutorial 24: Development and Inheritance