Scatterplots and Correlation
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
|Problem Solving Drill
|Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial describes what scatterplots and correlation are and their properties. First, we identify the role of variables on the x and y axis then we identify and create scatterplots and describe the overall pattern of a scatterplot using direction, form and strength.
We also identify and describe outliers and use correlation to describe the relationship between two variables. Finally, we will compute correlation of two quantitative variables so you will know the conditions of correlation and how to apply them.
Specific Tutorial Features:
- Step by step examples are shown to introduce scatterplots and correlation. Details and illustrative graphs on how to identify pattern, form and strength of scatterplots are provided.
- The relationship between z-score and correlation coefficient and details as to how to calculate the latter are also provided.
- Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
- Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
- Visual representation of concepts
- Animated examples—worked out step by step
- A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
- Response Variable
- Explanatory Variable
See all 24 lessons in Introductory Statistics, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself Introductory Statistics Visually in 24 Hours