With our breakthrough 24x Rapid Learning SystemTM of smart teaching and rich media, you can now finally gain a powerful learning edge over others who are still struggling with static textbooks and online freebies. Catch up and excel in class with the host of tightly integrated learning modules, designed specifically for today's web and video savvy students and supported by a team of teaching experts. Speed up your learning one chapter one hour at a time. The entire 24-chapter rapid learning package includes:
- 24x Core Tutorials (Rich-Media Movies)
Powered by our signature smart teaching and rich-media, the expert-narrated tutorials provide an easier and faster mastery of 24 chapters with concept maps, visual introduction, graphic illustration, annotations & animations, and step-by-step problem solving examples, guided by real teachers.
- 24x Problem Drills (Interactive Games)
Practice what you learn. These drills offer feedback-based quizzes, concept and word problems, summary reviews on all problems and scoring system to track your performance, with a complete solution guide at the end.
- 24x Review Sheets (PDF Printables)
Condense what you learn. Each chapter has one-pager cheat sheet for key concepts with at-a-glance review of each chapter, printable and laminatible. It is ideal for exam prep or quick review.
- 24x Chapter eBooks (PDF Printables)
Need something for easy skimming? The well-formatted eBooks are printable for easy quick reading and last-minute review. This optional module is available only on Certified, Platinum and Premium Editions.
- 24x Lecture Audiobooks (Audio MP3)
Want to learn on-the-go? These mp3 audiobooks are for learning anywhere anytime and a great companion to the visual tutorials. Listen to the same content you have just learned visually and enhance your learning with your smartphone or mp3 player. This auditory module is available only on Certified and Platinum Editions.
RL210: Neuroscience Visually in 24 Hours
This visual course explores the brain and nervous system with the development, structure, function, psychobiology and cognitive neuroscience via the journey of rapid learning.
Core Unit #1 – Introduction to Neuroscience
- Tutorial 01: Neuroscience: Historical Development of Current Concepts
- Tutorial 02: Nervous System Structure
- Tutorial 03: Nervous System Development
- Tutorial 04: Cells of the Nervous System
Core Unit #2 – Neural Communication
- Tutorial 05: The Resting Neuronal Membrane
- Tutorial 06: The Action Potential
- Tutorial 07: Information Transfer at the Synapse
- Tutorial 08: Neurotransmitter Systems
Core Unit #3 – Sensory and Motor Systems
- Tutorial 09: Touch, Temperature and Pain: The Somatc Sensory System
- Tutorial 10: Control of Movement
- Tutorial 11: Taste and Smell: The Chemical Senses
- Tutorial 12: Hearing and Equilibrium
- Tutorial 13: The Eye and Visual Processing
Core Unit #4 – Psychobiology
- Tutorial 14: Control of the Brain and Behavior through Chemicals
- Tutorial 15: Learning and Motivation
- Tutorial 16: Determinants of Sexual Behavior and Gender
- Tutorial 17: Neuronal Determinants of Emotion
- Tutorial 18: Sleep Rhythms within the Brain
- Tutorial 19: Language and the Brain
- Tutorial 20: Finding Focus: Attention Determinants
Core Unit #5 – Advanced Topics
- Tutorial 21: Memory Systems in the Brain
- Tutorial 22: Learning and Memory Mechanism
- Tutorial 23: Diseases of the Nervous System
- Tutorial 24: Stress and the Brain