Laws of Sines and Cosines
|Topic Review on "Title":
Law of Sines:
= side of triangle ABC divide by the sine of angle opposite side
Law of Cosines:
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
|Problem Solving Drill
|Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
The law of sines and cosines are important to know so solutions to trigonometry application problems can be found. Knowing which rule to use in the law of sines and cosines problems is important to achieve a good solution to a law of sines and cosines problem.
Scenarios are given where some angles or sides of a triangle are not known so the law of sines and cosines are used in examples. Acronyms are giving for the different cases of the law of sines and the various cases of the law of cosines.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Diagrams showing the law of sines and cosines in different examples.
• Illustrations showing all aspects of the law of sines and cosines.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Law of Sines
Side-Angle Side (SAS)
Law of Cosines
See all 24 lessons in Intermediate Algebra, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself Intermediate Algebra Visually in 24 Hours