Sequences and Series
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
|Problem Solving Drill
|Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial specifically describes the concepts of infinite sequences and series. Examples are presented to with the basic operations and properties of infinite sequences. Applying some type of theorem to find the limit is important when dealing with sequences.
The properties of sequences with applications to approximation of limits are shown in the examples. The uniqueness and convergence of sequences need to be discussed before the concept of subsequences is defined. Sequences need to be bounded and monotonic so they can be classified as convergent sequences. Special sequences such as Cauchy sequences are also mentioned in this tutorial.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Graphs showing the convergence of sequences.
• Step by step analysis of the different types of convergence tests that can be used to determine is a series converges or not.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Arithmetic and geometric progression
Definition of sequences
Limit of a sequence
Divergence of sequences
Operations of a limit
Bounded and monotonic sequences
Definition of Cauchy sequences
Convergence of Cauchy sequences
Basic properties of series
Ratio, root, integral, p-series and alternating series test
See all 24 lessons in College Algebra, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself College Algebra Visually in 24 Hours