Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
|Topic Review on "Title":
Absolute value measures the distance from the origin to any number on the number line.
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
|Problem Solving Drill
|Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
This tutorial shows the absolute value equations and their properties. The geometric definition of an absolute value is shown with the use of graphical examples. There are examples that show how absolute linear equations are solved. The importance of absolute value equations is mentioned in this tutorial.
The principles of solving absolute value inequalities are seen in this tutorial. The ways how solving absolute linear inequalities are shown in the examples provided. A review of the basic principles of inequalities is introduced to show the techniques to solve a linear inequality.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Problem-solving techniques are used to work out and illustrate the example problems, step by step.
• Geometrical representations of linear inequalities are shown in the examples.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
Absolute Value of Equations
Geometric definition of absolute values
Mathematical definition of absolute values
Solving absolute value linear equations
Solving absolute value inequalities
See all 24 lessons in College Algebra, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself College Algebra Visually in 24 Hours