Graphing Utilities and Math Software
|Topic Review on "Title":
A graphing calculator is any handheld device that allows the user to input equations in “y=” form and will output an image of the graph for that input.
Software run on a computer that allows the user to input equations and will provide a graphical image for that input.
Plotting graphs using a pre-selected range of x and y values.
Plotting graphs using a pre-selected range of x values where the ranges of y values are calculated such that al points fit in the window.
|Rapid Study Kit for "Title":
|Core Concept Tutorial
|Problem Solving Drill
|Review Cheat Sheet
|"Title" Tutorial Summary :
The use of graphing utilities can facilitated the visual representation of mathematical equations that are otherwise very difficult to graph by pencil and paper. Graphing calculators also allow the user to approximate values of problems that are not exact values.
Common miscellaneous ways that using a graphing calculator or CAS will make the calculation work easier is discussed in this tutorial. Mistakes that are made by CAS and calculator users are important to be aware when working with these mathematical tools.
Specific Tutorial Features:
• Examples showing the steps that take to generate plots of equations are discussed.
• Subtleties in particular equation plots produced by graphing calculators are mentioned with the use of examples.
• Concept map showing inter-connections of new concepts in this tutorial and those previously introduced.
• Definition slides introduce terms as they are needed.
• Visual representation of concepts
• Animated examples—worked out step by step
• A concise summary is given at the conclusion of the tutorial.
|"Title" Topic List:
The basics of graphing functions
Graphs of Families of Functions and Their Anomalies
Miscellaneous graphing challenges
Absolute value functions
Final Guidelines to the Effective Use of Your Graphing Aid
See all 24 lessons in College Algebra, including concept tutorials, problem drills and cheat sheets:
Teach Yourself College Algebra Visually in 24 Hours